The Role + Impact:
Support The Underserved: Society needs ever more mental health support, but there is a clinician shortage. Supportiv’s subclinical, on-demand, moderator-led, fully synchronous peer-to-peer support group chats help fill that gap, especially for historically underserved populations who’ve been reluctant to engage in the traditional mental health care system. This role is a chance to extend your clinical expertise at scale, serving millions.
You’ll be involved in:
- Clinical oversight of Supportiv’s peer support moderator community to improve training programs and drive skill-building for the moderators who facilitate and safeguard the peer-to-peer platform user conversations
- Product input to help constantly improve Supportiv’s user experience with an eye on clinical-grade outcomes measurements
- Publishing data, research, and thought leadership on user outcomes
- Editorial oversight and input on Supportiv’s psycho-education and self-help resource creation and curation
- Serving as the clinical voice in key enterprise client meetings
Help us meet unmet mental health needs across the nation with:
- Instant Emotional Support: Feeling alone with your struggle can add insult to injury when it comes to mental health. Supportiv is always ready to offer support, instantly, with empathetic care and resources, 24/7, on-demand. Never any appointment needed. And always anonymously.
- A Balance of Affordability & High Quality Attention: You no longer need to decide whether you should pay for food, medical care, or your own well-being. Supportiv offers high quality care with clinical-grade outcomes for pennies on the dollar.
- Infinite Scalability: As a sub-clinical service, Supportiv is not limited by geographical service areas. We can meet demand in a way that has never been possible before, globally.
Supportiv is a peer-to-peer mental, emotional, and social support service that actively helps users with their everyday struggles, 24/7/365, and has served over 1.2 million unique individuals to date.
Based on a multi-patented process, users are precision-matched in under 60 seconds, according to their natural language response to a single question: “What’s your struggle?” to a dynamically formed peer group chat, built around their shared lived experience. Each peer group chat is facilitated and safeguarded in real-time by a fully-trained Supportiv peer support moderator. As the chat unfolds, we understand more about what the user needs and precision-match hyper-personalized self-help materials, healthcare resources and services, all in real-time.
Supportiv enables users to cope with, problem-solve, and heal from mental, emotional and social struggles in an ultra user-friendly, practical, tactical way by harnessing the power of AI and natural language understanding (NLU).
Supportiv serves the populations of top employers and health plans, including two Fortune companies. 82% of users rate the experience 4 or 5/5 stars, and we offer proprietary outcomes measurements unmatched in the industry.
We are growing quickly and are always looking for smart, motivated people who are aligned with our goal of making Conversational Care™ a new standard for healthcare delivery.
Why Supportiv, Why Now?
- We have traction: We have demonstrated success with two Fortune 5 client partnerships (among other customers) and over 1.2 million unique individual users served to date. (See a recent GDBHT2022 presentation with a happy client).
- Our model works: We have over 150 million data points from our peer support chats demonstrating engagement, outcomes, and our offering’s ability to engage historically underserved/underrepresented segments.
- Our tech is patented: We augment our trained moderators with >9 AI models and engines to ensure user safety, effective matching, and hyper-personalized content sharing.
- We’re easy to work with: Our distributed team lets you work where you’re most comfortable. We care about each other, work well together, and respect each other’s work-life boundaries and preferences.
- Believe that many individuals can be emotionally supported without diagnostic labels
- Want to tackle equity and access issues in mental healthcare and are passionate about addressing systemic issues within our mental healthcare industry
- Take an equitable, inclusive, human-first approach to professional interactions
- Are intrinsically motivated and comfortable working independently and remotely
- Love tackling challenges while working with fun, dedicated colleagues
- Doctorate in counseling psychology; LCSW, MSW, clinical psychology also considered
- Licensed in a US state or territory
- Experience with group sessions and/or facilitation
- Familiarity with multiple modalities (DBT, CBT, ACT, MDT, etc.)
- Experience using and interpreting psychological assessments, tests, and surveys
- Experience designing and completing analytical studies with large data sets
- Experience training, teaching, and/or managing others (especially online) is preferred
- Competitive compensation package with equity for eligible roles
- Comprehensive health benefits for you (100% paid) and your dependents, including vision and dental, for full-time, US-based employees
- 401k with vested match for full-time, US-based employees
- Remote and location agnostic within US time zones
- Flexible work, time-off and company-wide PTO time periods
- Unlimited use of Supportiv’s anonymous peer support at no cost
- Learning and development budget for conferences and courses
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary, close-knit, all-star team
- In-person team gatherings with a team building, non-work emphasis
Sample Interview Process:
- [20 min] Initial screen and cultural fit
- [On your own] Q&A on your personal views & belief system
- In-depth interview stages:
- [30 min] Background, skills, and qualifications
- [45 min] Presentation on different mental health approaches and when/why they are most appropriate (bonus for including peer support)
- [30 min] Data, research, and publication skills
- [30 min] Debrief with company Co-Founder/CEO
- Reference check and make you an offer
If you think you’re a great fit for this role, let us know why! Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
For a full list of open positions, check out our careers page.