We welcome psychology majors and/or grad students to apply for Peer Support Moderator roles.
The position is part-time/contract and 100% online/fully remote/work from home. Moderators designate their own flexible hours. All global time zones are welcome!
Global: Varies by countryWe seek candidates with:
- Passion for emotional health and mental wellness
- Capacity to provide judgment-free support on a wide range of topics
- Strong interpersonal communication skills such as active listening, validation, empathy, open-ended questioning, and group facilitation
- Ability to self-edit advice giving or armchair therapy (which is strictly prohibited)
- Openness to learning new skills and taking feedback towards professional improvement
- Eagerness to think about experiences through the perspective of the user
- Willingness to offer suggestions on how to improve the moderator and user experience
- Age 18+
- Fluency in English, including colloquialisms and slang
- Tech-savviness and strong wifi
- Minimum commitment of 5 hours of moderating per week
- Completion of a six-hour qualification course and exam (online, at your own pace)
- Successful mastery of moderating skills demonstrated via exam and scenario testing
Email [email protected] with “Moderator Candidate” in the subject line. Please include:
- Cover Letter/Email Message
Supportiv is co-founded by serial healthcare entrepreneurs who believe in mental wellness for everyone, everywhere that's pennies-per-minute affordable.
Each user is matched instantly into hyper-targeted peer groups based on the topic he/she/they want to discuss. Real human moderators (you!) guide the conversation to keep it safe and positive.
Supportiv also delivers personalized content and service referrals that address the user’s underlying needs, all in real-time.