Elite Daily recently got some advice from our co-founder Helena Plater-Zyberk on how to squash that party anxiety and find confidence on a night out in the town.
Some of the wisdom the article offers includes:
- Let’s be real with ourselves. For example, everyone’s at the party for themselves, so they don’t have time to focus on you (or your flaws).
- Give yourself some self-love.
- Prepare yourself. Let your bestie know you might struggle.
- Look out for the single people. Helena gets a shout out here mentioning how so many *other* people get nervous at parties that they’ll be grateful if you tag team the party with them.
- You’ve got this. Just don’t forget to take a breath.
- Don’t try too hard to chill. It’s OK!
- Just go for it because practice makes perfect!
If you want the nitty-gritty of everything you can do to not feel so overwhelmed at parties, check out the full article and then join Supportiv members to generate more ideas!
To contact the author, email Anisha Makhija at firstname.lastname@example.org