Rejection is inevitable. From dating and relationships to academic clubs and work aspirations, we are at its mercy. I AM & CO cites our Supportiv co-founder’s tips on how to bounce back.
Here are “12 ways to deal with rejection” outlined in the article:
- Identify Your Feelings
- Recognize Rejection As A Learning Experience
- Study Past Rejections — this one’s from Supportiv.
Co-founder of Supportiv, Helena Plater-Zyberk says: “My number one tip is to draw from your own past experience of when you’ve overcome a previously difficult situation. This grounds you, and reminds you that setbacks are not permanent obstacles, even though they may feel like it at the time.”
- Change Your Perspective
- Figure Out Your Coping Mechanism
- Don’t Take It Personally
- Be Nice To Yourself
- Set Some Small Goals
- Think About A Life-Strategy
- Reinforce Your Belief In Yourself
- Praise Yourself
Check out the whole piece, here.