It’s hard to know how to take a compliment. To receive a compliment with grace, you have to accept positive feelings about yourself–and that can feel uncomfortable when you haven’t done it much!
Take as little as 10 minutes to complete this worksheet by:
- Printing it, or
- Writing your answers on a separate piece of paper, or
- Typing your answers into Notes or a word document.
Who can this compliments worksheet help, and how?
This worksheet is good for people who have experienced:
- Communication issues
- Social anxiety
- Identity struggles
- Feeling broken
How can this worksheet help?
If you can learn to reflect on your own positive qualities, you will feel less caught-off-guard when those in your life express genuine appreciation.
“I’ve been doubted and put down so much in my life. I don’t even know how to take a compliment. I feel shy, weird and usually decline them. I appreciate it deep down inside” – MarQuis Trill
“Thanks childhood for making taking compliments a nearly impossible task.” – Nezziemonster
- Flooded By Self-Hatred? Transform Your Inner Critic
- Cope With Shame By Creating An Internal Ally
- Improve Your Self-Worth Through Reflection
- Boost Your Social Skills With 3 DBT Techniques
- Acknowledge Feelings That Are Tough To Admit
- Get Comfortable With Unfamiliar Emotions
- Start Seeing Your “Weird” Qualities As “Unique”